Sunday 14 March 2010

Result

Did you ever experience that feeling right after your exams? You know, like, Alright! Just out with it. Come out with the results. Right here, right now! Please... If you are even half humane and believe in mercy, this is all I ask for -- give me the report card! And the closer I got to the day of the result, the more intense this feeling was. 'Come on, be done with it'!
I think, having felt this way for years, even through college, my system is attuned to feeling this at the thought of any any any 'result', with or without the report card. You name it, and I feel it. About that very important trip - will it happen or not(??); about him talking -- will he or not; about that scholarship thing -- will it come or not (!?!?!?!) ... I believe you get the trend. I have come to the conclusion that most of this can be credited to the school education system that made that result thing larger than life. I wish school had taught me, instead, to not worry, to enjoy the nuances of life, to be friends with nature, to know that nothing is larger than life, and to believe no 'result' is quite worth dying for.

2 comments:

  1. The world is a school. While the thought expressed is appreciable, there is always an opportunity for discussion on what the school should do and what parents should. Both the school and the parents are responsible for the final shape that the child takes up.

    Results have become larger than life owing to the competition that we face in every sphere, although, it is felt that we keep on ignoring Gita, which reads "Karmanyevadhikaraste Ma phaleshu kadacha na ...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I maintain that everyone is responsible for their own change. Of course, we are all shaped by people and factors in our environment, but ultimately it is up to us to realize our own shortcomings and work on it to create a more desirable outcome in our personalities and ultimately lives.

    ReplyDelete