Saturday 27 March 2010

random thoughts

Few random thoughts:

My favourite feeling ever: finding it difficult to sleep all night, waiting for day break to get out and do what I spend the night thinking of and planning. This feeling gives me more happiness and satisfaction than 'love' (please note the quotes, sorry for this blunt finger pointing), food or other thrills in life (that I have experienced).

I find the concept of praying and destiny contradictory. Its interesting how these two counteractive concepts dwell with equal intensity in most believers, while most non believers too post them in the same bracket.

It's not important to please people. Some wont be pleased no matter what I do, some will be pleased with that I naturally do. It might be a good idea to instead see if I can do anything to make people smile.

I am still curious to know how people decide on two things: a) favourite colour and b) A (one) best friend. I am more than curious, I find it slightly baffling.

Between changing the world and myself, I am inclined to chose the former. This choice is not influenced by self love. The variables are degree of difficulty, other partners and stress levels. I would otherwise prefer changing the latter.

I don't like restrictions imposed on me. However, I obey all 'laws', including traffic rules, unless I find them repressive. If so, I revolt.

Its easier to get work done by me if you explain things to me instead to telling me what to do with the logic behind it sealed in your head. I think its true of most people.

I am told by close friends and family that they like the fact that whatever I do, I do it sincerely. Be it walking, or eating, or cello-taping those papers, etc, etc. They have, however, never understood why certain things are never done as expected. Couple of reasons: 1) Most likely they are your expectations and not mine. Not suggesting that I am indifferent to your expectations. Only, your expectations might have been really out of my scheme of things, no matter how much I tried. Also, I may not have understood your expectations when spoken in highly fluid language left to interpretation (eg, career. Yes, I know)

I still haven't quite understood the whole water system in my house. My mother thinks I am useless. She has reasons.

I often find myself haplessly looking for parameters based on which people account for normalcy (this includes the good/bad debate).

At times, quite often, I wonder how it feels like to be an expert. Help, anyone?

I ask a lot of questions -- it is usually either ignorant or innocent. I marvel at my ability in both, while I can see the other trying to pick from the choice of 'expressions' left for them.

Firm belief: There are only silly answers, if at all, but definitely no silly questions. (This belief, as you must have noticed, helps me in executing the point immediately above)

If language is so important, how do babies make friends?

The more I listen, read, think, the shallower I feel. At times, even in a state of coma.

When I am not talking, I am not necessarily thinking. It holds true for those times when I seem lost in thought as well. Waiting for the day when being blank is officially included as a 'state of mind'.

I am told to think before I speak. What will happen to my loud thinking? I like that!! (I am willing to consider T&C like 'safe zone' for loud thinking. Does that help?)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post.

    "If language is so important, how do babies make friends?"

    Good question :) I have reason to believe that our society is giving more importance to verbal language these days as opposed to body language. Watch an old, silent film and watch a movie from today. (This is true of even animation films). Every damn action is "explained" by a dialogue. If only we humans got back to the art of understanding body language, we might be more adept at communicating our feelings better.

    "I am still curious to know how people decide on two things: a) favourite colour and b) A (one) best friend.

    I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete