Wednesday 23 March 2011

few firsts - 2011

17 Jan 2011 - Got fired. Reason: no chemistry. Realised I was the only one I have ever known (both primary and secondary connections taken into account) who have ever been fired. Felt sort of --- errr -- unique. Decided to celebrate.

20 Jan 2011 - Got doubly-fired. Might be tough to understand but it is like
I got fired again from the same job, by the same person. Funny and well, not-so-funny.

24 Jan 2011 - Signed a consultancy for Impact Assessment Study where I will be leading the show. It is with CMCA and they seem to be more confident of my skills than me!

25 Jan 2011 - Bought fish from a shop! (yes, this bong has never done that!)

25 Jan 2011 - Called Ma for recipe (I think I did manage to add my bits though)

25 Jan 2011 - Cooked macher chocchori with batti fish. Later wrote out the recipe in My recipe book.

25 Jan 2011 - Went online and searched and found recipes. Decided to go for a particular one after much thinking and judging with unknown (at least undocumented indicators)

25 Jan 2011 - Cooked doi maach. Later wrote out the recipe in My recipe book marking out my own ways from the ones given on internet.

27 Jan 2011 - Started working on a Transparency and Accountability project by tracking the health budget of Karnataka. Exciting! Working with Sadananda is very humbling and he gently takes you through the process. Being Mentored by him is encouraging.

30 Jan 2011 - Went on aimless bus tour in Bangalore. Took G3 till its last stop. It was such a wonderful road!

1 Feb 2011 - Got an interview from one more department of the same organisation. APF called a few days back for a role in KM, and then today for a role in ELM (they didn't know the other department was considering). Felt Good! He called me to his office for an in-person interview that day itself, while on the telephonic interview when he realised I was in the same city. Then called again in sometime to cancel it saying that the other department has asked him not to, since they are processing it.

5 Feb 2011 - Stayed in hospital as attendant for 4 days. Didn't know when I came to St John's with Sujit to the OPD that this was the rule in Bangalore. ALL in patients must have an attendant with him/her 24 hours. One can try for paid MSWs, if one has ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE. But that is not all that easy to do or contact, if you are getting there after 'work' hours.

12 Feb 2011 - Moon came for the Bryan Adams show with Jeet. Mrig joined in from Coimbatore. Moon of course also got her daughter. And because she couldn't go to the concert, her mother in law also joined. I don't think I know anyone else going to another city for such one day concerts. But, it is mamoni's travelling as nanny which makes it special for me! NEVER heard of such things before :-)

19 Feb 2011 - Heard Veena live for the first time. It was played By Dr Jayanthi Kumaresh, Ronu Mojumdar on the Flute and Anubrata Chatterjee on Tabla. Again I think I heard drums from various states of India together on stage for the first time on this show.

20 Feb 2011 - Went for a Bengali musical in Bangalore. Jibonmukhi gaan. Kallol Dasgupta. Amazing life experience the person has. Had never heard or heard of him before.

20 Feb 2011 - Ate the mahabhoj (veg meal) at Maharaja. It was an amazing discovery. Also discovered that it is not so expensive :P

4 March 2011 - Redirected a courier for me to my friends place. Didnt know this was possible. I like it. Got a call in Kolkata from a courier saying he is waiting outside my Bangalore office -- he was carrying a package from Jenny, Azim Premji Foundation.
Called courier, gave Sujit's address and also took their address. Went for a huge coordination drive.

5 March 2011 - Offer! From a Azim Premji Foundation. For the first time a proper offer with PF , gratuity and all. Sujit got the courier in the afternoon. Read it out to be in full smile.

7 March 2011 - Negotiated! Spoke to my immeidate boss. Discussed the issue about leave for study if I get through dual mode of TISS. She agreed. Also spoke money.

7 March 2011 - Flew in to Mumbai Airport. Never entered Mumbai by air before.

10 March 2011 - Money negotiation! I wrote salary negotiation mail to the HR etc. A few days on phone with two HRs and lots of 'sweet' negotiations.

23 March 2011 - Got final revised offer letter from Azim Premji Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment